Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Promises, Promises

In May of last year, our area was hit with a flood.  Our other business was pretty much under water rather quickly.  I was immediatly thinking there goes vacation for this year.  But as I sat in church the very next morning, God spoke & showed me Isaiah 43:1-3  But now, this is what the Lord says, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:  "Fear not, for I have redeemed you: I have summoned you by name, you are mine.  2 When  you pass through the waters, I will be with you: & when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned: the flames will not set you ablaze.  3 For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior".  I don't want to leave 4 out, "Since you are precious & honored in my sight & because I love you"... We ended up & booked our vacation in the gulf, but you know the story there, oil.  So we moved on over to Florida.  Well, it was nice, but is wasn't my home away from home.  But on the second morning there this is what I got:





and after waiting & watching I got this......


Remember the story of Noah?  Well it wasn't but a few weeks after we got back that a dear friend pointed out verses 18 & 19 in the same chapter of Isaiah.  18 "Forget the former things: do not dwell on the past.  19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up."   I've really been thinking about the "new" thing.. Could this blog & this adventure be it?  Just maybe... As I said, He has given, & I am ready for more.  Thanks for stopping by & reading.  Back to business & posting pics soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment